Re: coredump from linux binaries?

From: Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 21:35:20 -0500

Rahul Siddharthan said on Mar  9, 2004 at 10:23:29:
> Kip Macy said on Mar  9, 2004 at 07:17:52:
> > Odd. I ran it without any problems. It may not apply cleanly any more.
>
> The only rejects seemed to be CVS tag lines.  But I updated my sources
> between the last kernel (March 6, 23:33 GMT) and this, so possibly the
> problem is something else: I'll try building a new kernel without the
> patch this evening.

It took me a day longer to get around to doing it, but I built a new
kernel from freshly cvsupped sources, without that patch, and not only
does it boot fine, linux binaries no longer coredump with "illegal
system call" either.  That openbsd_poll call is still there (I
checked) but it exits cleanly at that point.  Weird... unless the
problem was something else and someone fixed it in the last couple of
days