Re: News server regenerated with all postings from day 1

From: David Rhodus <drhodus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 23:05:49 -0500

On Mar 21, 2004, at 12:47 AM, Matthew Dillon wrote:

    After esmith sent me a missive wondering why the news server only
    had the last few hundred articles, I spent some time tracking it
    down.

    It turns out that the news server has ALL the articles, but the
    overview data limit was set to 512 articles per group and that
    caused the newsgroup list to limit the article range.

    I changed the limit to 100,000 and regenerated the overview files,
    and poof, all the postings from day-1 are now available in the
    news server

Does the new server have an option to export the messages out to html too ? That would be really nice.

-DR