Re: buildworld update committed

From: Timothy Brown <sysop@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 22:59:19 -0500

Works great on my Dual PII 400 system here. Compiles quicker than it did last night.

-Tim

On 2004-03-22 16:15:07 -0500, Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

Have at it. Note that 'make buildworld' will take a lot longer now
because it actually removes the entire buildworld object tree (previously
only a portion of the tree was removed), but once you've done a buildworld
you should be able to get away with just doing 'quickworld' after that
(at least for a while).

The new buildworld uses a much nicer, logical directory arrangement
in /usr/obj/usr/src, amoung other features.

I have made progress with -j n support but I'm sure there are still
issues. If you want to help test, and you get a build failure, it's
only useful to me if you have the entire make output available for
download (don't post it since it's going to be large). e.g.

xterm1# make -j 4 buildworld >& /tmp/bw.out

xterm2# tail -f /tmp/bw.out | fgrep ===

I will continue running tests and almost certainly be making little
tweaks here and there. Hopefully I haven't broken anything too badly :-)