Re: Running X and KDE in DragonFly ???

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:58:23 -0500

Roland wrote:

> I am now sitting a the root directory #bsd prompt. I am not sure how to
> get the Gui up as things seem different than FreeBSD.

It should be the same as FreeBSD - you can install from the ports.  Or from
dfports, if an override exists.  Install the port for XFree86-4, then kde3.
The two caveats I can think of:

- XFree86 may have dependencies that won't install automatically.  I've read
other folks reporting a need to do a 'make install' directly in the
depended-on port's directory to get it to work.

- KDE 3 may not build; it's big, and I think kde-base should work but I
don't know if the other parts will.  There's only one way to find out:
build it.