Re: New brainfart for threaded VFS and data passing between threads.

From: Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 20:11:02 +0100

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 12:08:01PM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
: :
: :Call me naive, but wouldn't it be easier to write device drivers in Forth?
: :Or is it difficult to interface with C and OS level code?
: :
: :jm
: :--
: :My other computer is your Windows box.
:
:     Forth is unreadable and unmaintainable.

They DO use it in some NASA embedded apps, right?

:     And, actually, there is no ATA driver in forth.  It is simply making
:     BIOS calls to access the disk.

Ah, I see.

jm
--