Re: Documenting LWKT?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 20:27:01 -0700 (PDT)

:Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>     LWKT is extremely solid and well-defined now.
:>     I think that this is a good time to push documentation of the LWKT
:>     functions.  I would dearly love to see some manual pages written up
:>     on them. Are you volunteering?
:
:Yep. Do you want section 9 man pages, or something like the existing
:whitepaper (http://www.dragonflybsd.org/goals/threads.cgi) with more
:detail, or both?
:	Warren

    Man pages are the best way to document actual kernel procedure calls,
    while a good HTML whitepaper would make for a great primer for kernel
    hackers who are new to DragonFly.  If I had a choice I'd do a html
    whitepaper primer (feel free to ask me lots of questions in kernel@,
    I'll give involved answers for the whole list to read), and then dig
    into manual pages for the LWKT interface.  In fact, I can install mancgi
    or something like that to generate manual pages on the web site with
    URL references, which would make the whitepaper extremely useful.

    But whatever you want to do is great!

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>