Re: serializing token

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 10:44:33 -0700 (PDT)

:What I don't understand is how you it can be garanteed that the PCB will
:stay consistant under the entire execution of the thread that accesses it,
:wouldn't it be possible for another thread to do some magic on it while
:the other thread is blocking or doing some other magic?
:I have not yet read the code in question, but if you have some pointers on
:where to start reading it I might get a better grasp of what happens and
:why.
:
:--=20
:Eirik Nygaard

    No, because all operations related to a particular PCB are funneled
    to a particular thread.  So it doesn't matter what that thread does,
    or how often it blocks.. the pcb will stay consistent within the context
    of that thread.  That's the intention, anyway.