Going from FreeBSD 5.x to DragonFly

From: Bryan Berch <dfbsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 16:37:43 -0400

I hope this is the right place to ask these questions, if not, direct me elsewhere.

Am I correct that it is now possible to go from Freebsd 5.x to DragonFly and not need to install 4.x by follow the steps in /src/UPDATING version 1.7? My dialup connection makes moving to DragonFly impossible otherwise.

Also I see talk about Athlon64. Is there a problem with installing on one and staying up to date?

Thanks
Bryan