Re: Has anyone seen the ATA driver timeout issue again?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 11:14:00 -0700 (PDT)

:I know the first release is coming up, but every time I have tried to
:install, I run into this ATA driver timeout issue.
:
:Has it appeared again or been fixed?
:jm
:--
:My other computer is your Windows box.

    I think it could still be an issue because I think Hiten actually got it
    on a vmware drive once, but we've been unable to reproduce the bug
    well enough to track it down and fix it.

    I would try again.  Are you seeing it on a workstation or a laptop?
    If you can reproduce the bug definitively and its a small workstation
    maybe we can arrange a machine swap or something to get the box to one
    of us who can debug the problem.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>