Re: Boot hangs starting postfix

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 23:16:33 -0700 (PDT)

:I just cvsupped and built a new world/kernel today, but when I booted the
:kernel (I hadn't installed world yet),
:it hung while starting postfix-2.0.16.20031223,2.  I could ping the box, and
:even ssh to it, but got no login prompt.
:I was in a hurry and didn't want to miss my emails, so I just rebooted with
:the old kernel.  Could this have happened
:due to a mismatched world/kernel?  I didn't really want to install world
:before testing the kernel first.
:
:--
:R. Joseph Wright
:Those are my principles.  If you don't like them I have others.
:  -- Groucho Marx

    It's probably stuck trying to do a DNS lookup.  A '^C' ought to kill
    it and continue the boot.

    If you are running named on your box, we just switched to bind-9
    and you probably have to make some changes to your named setup to
    make it work again.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>