Re: Porting /dev/random to DFly

From: "William M. Grim" <wgrim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 19:06:46 -0500

Matthew Dillon wrote:
I think this was answered already but the best thing to do is to
build it as a module, which means that you don't have to mess around
with conf/files.

    Instead what you do is hook dev/random into dev/Makefile.  Actually,
    what you really should do is probably put dev/random in the crypto
    subdirectory.  e.g. in the DFly tree call it dev/crypto/random
    and hook it into the dev/crypto/Makefile.

    If that isn't enough to get you started please feel free to ask
    me questions!

-Matt
Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks for the tips. Once I get past a build issue I'm having (I'm trying to figure it out before asking), I can get to work.

Basically, I'm trying to build dfly from my home directory, using a local CVS copy of it. It breaks, but I'll try to figure out why before mailing the list again.

Thanks for everyone's help on this.

--Mike