Re: Dragonfly & acpi

From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:39:14 +0100

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    Hiten, what's the copyright on that tool set?  Is it something we can
    (or should) put in base?

We can make it a port override, shouldn't be a problem. I can coordinate with Yonetani Tomokazu to commit the acpiconf(8) utility from FreeBSD-5, which should handle the suspend and resuming, and other ACPI related utilities.

	Most (if not all) are BSD licensed and were developed by the
	Japanese ACPI project and improved upon by Nate Lawson of the
	FreeBSD project; so in summary, it shouldn't be a problem.

	PS: I am CC'ing this mail to Yonetani Tomokazu, so he is aware
	of this discussion.

Thanks,

			-Hiten
			hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx