Re: Initial impressions of DFly

From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 18:27:09 +0200

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 10:59:26AM -0500, Jonathan Fosburgh wrote:
> Sometimes it is a little unresponsive, but this is only a UP Pentium III
> (600mHz).

There is currently a problem with the responsiveness e.g. of X apps when
the disk load is very high. It seems the scheduling needs some tweaking,
but noone did that yet.

> I do notice a port that needs an override, but I don't understand how that
> works yet or the best way to incorporate it.

The way is to copy the existing port from /usr/ports to /usr/dfports
into the same subdirectory, change the bsd.port.mk include to
bsd.dfport.mk (similiar for bsd.port.post/pre.mk). Afterwards just add
the necessary patch to files/ and send the port as tarball to submit@.

Joerg