Re: DragonFly RC1 ISO now available.

From: "Erik P. Skaalerud" <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 13:08:29 +0200

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:

-On [20040630 19:02], Chris Pressey (cpressey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

Just say the word and I can add 'make release WITH_INSTALLER="YES"' to
src/nrelease/Makefile.

I'd be in favour.  It is the best way to get feedback and more widespread
testing.

And it also more or less gives more emphasis to the breaking new ground
thing.

*nod*

This is what I've been rambling about on IRC lately. Including the installer will yes, give you lots of lots of more support requests on the list. But why does that harm us? We are lots of people to help newcomers out. Besides, we will get _much_ more feedback than we ever would.

Not having a proper installer for a first release wouldnt even be a proper release, IMHO.

Erik