acpi/apache/java questions

From: Chris Roberts <cpr99@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:03:23 -0600

It seems like all of the hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.* sysctl nodes are read-only. Is there another way to override these values(especially _CRT)? It gets set to 60C degrees regardless of any bios settings.
I've had to disable the thermal section of acpi for the time being to prevent my machine from halting during heavy activity.
(P.S. I had to override the values in linux also.)

Is the apache problem that I've seen posts about apparent right away or does it sneak up on you? It is running fine for me right now except that a few of the php5 extensions would crash apache on startup without producing any log messages. This is on a stock 1.0a kernel with ipv6 still enabled.
--Apache/2.0.50 (FreeBSD) DAV/2 SVN/1.0.5 PHP/5.0.0--

So far I am impressed with the native jdk14 port running on DragonFly. I built eclipse3.0+swt and the performance seems equal to running it under linux. Does anyone know when the bsd jdk might be officially approved by sun?

Thanks, Chris Roberts