Re: PC-Card Support ?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 22:03:11 -0700 (PDT)

:Hello everybody,
:
:I have tried installing Dragonfly on a Dell Inspiron 8000 notebook via a
:Xircom 32-Bit NIC. However, the system failed to recognize the card. I
:guess this is due to the FreeBSD 4.x inheritance, which doesn't support 32
:bit cards, as fas as I know.
:Pleas confirm my guesses and tell me if there are plans to add the
:necessary changes.
:
:Cheers, Felix

    Well, Joerg has been bringing in the cardbus infrastructure from
    FreeBSD-5 but there is still a considerable amount of work that
    needs to be done, so we may not have a working solution for you
    for a while.   Of course, we also bring in patches from the outside...
    whenever someone finds a bug and is able to actually fix it... those
    get incorporated a lot faster.  But we are working on it.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>