Re: Kernel compile returns error regarding SCSI emulation.

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 09:23:44 -0700 (PDT)

:I installed DragonFly this afternoon and had spent most of the evening
:waiting for the updating to finish. While running running "make
:buildkernel KERNCONF=KOCHAVIT" I received an error. I don't remember
:what it was (I wish I would have saved before going off to fix it.), but
:I do remember what fixed it; I reedited my kernel config file and
:commented out a line that enables SCSI emulation. I was able to finish
:the build, install, and reboot. Everything seems to be working fine so
:far. Does anyone know what could have caused the build error? What will
:having disabled SCSI emulation do to my system's performance?
:
:--
:K. G. Suarez

    The SCSI emulation is used for things like USB disk keys and
    compact flash cards, and DVD burners.

    If you try your build again with it in and post the last 20 lines of
    the build (showing the error) to the bugs list we can probably figure
    out what's missing from the config.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>