Re: out of inodes... new install

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 21:09:45 -0700 (PDT)

:/usr: create/symlink failed, no inodes free
:./configure.lineno: cannot create conftest.err: file system full
:
:this install is on a 5 gb slice partitioned with dfly installer
:I had a similar problem the other day on a 14gb partition (didn't
:notice the inodes part, may have been there...) -- both cases,
:there is plenty of disk space left.
:
:Was talking with an openbsd developer who was having "out of disk space
:issues" too.
:
:I know what this error means but have no idea why it would happen under
:the circumstances (cvsup, make bash, make xorg), or what I should do
:about it... :-\
:
:// George
:
:--
:George Georgalis, Architect and administrator, Linux services. IXOYE

    Woa.  That's very odd.  Can you mount /usr somewhere and do a
    df -i on it ?