Re: Some questions on updating.

To: "K. G. Suarez" <kgs245@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Erik P. Skaalerud" <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 18:29:37 +0200

K. G. Suarez wrote:

Hi everyone.

Would doing the following be the correct way to update a system?

cvsup /usr/share/examples/cvsup/DragonFly-supfile

Remember, there are cvsup mirrors around for DragonFly aswell.

check out http://www.dragonflybsd.org/main/download.cgi (look at the source mirrors list.)

Also, how often should I update my system?

You shouldnt update it blindly. Subscribe yourself to the dragonflybsd commit mailinglist, where you will see the commit logs. Also, important messages from the DragonFly crew will come to the "kernel" mailinglist with a "HEADS UP" in the subject. These messages are extremely important to read.

Good luck further on!

- Erik