Re: Xaros (cross-posting from aros-dev mailing list)

From: fasten <bfastenrath@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:42:50 +0200

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
fasten wrote:

I would like to merge Aros with the X server into a
single binary and let Intuition take the role of a
window manger for all applications connecting from

What are Aros and Intuition?

AROS is the Amiga Research Operating System.

Intuition is the (message based) graphical
user interface of AmigaOS / AROS.

Does DragonFly support loadable kernel modules and would
it be possible to turn Intuition into a loadable kernel
module instead?

Yes and likely yes. If we want to do it, depends on the answer to my first question :)

I've considered to attempt a Linux port myself but I'd prefer to use the message system implemented by DragonFly.

kind regards,
Bernhard Fastenrath

Was du selbst nicht wuenschst, das tue auch anderen nicht an. (Konfuzius, Gespraeche, XII, 2) 551-479 BC