Re: termcap, TERM, vi and cygwin

From: Garance A Drosihn <drosih@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 19:39:13 -0400

At 10:22 PM +0200 8/22/04, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
On 22.08.2004, at 19:21, esmith wrote:

DF's termcap needs to be changed. But racing all possible terminal
(emulators) to grab their changes is a definite no-go. There is such
a nifty feature like setting TERMCAP environment so that the termcap
entry corresponding to TERM is overridden. Sad thing tho that ssh
doesn't pass along TERMCAP, but only TERM.

I believe that the latest release of openssh provides a way that you can specify other environment variables whose values will be passed across an ssh connection. I think you have to configure both ends of the connection to allow each specific environment variable. But I have not installed the new version yet, so I have not had a chance to see how the new feature works.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad@xxxxxxxxxxx