modules & options

From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 14:34:02 +0200

Hi,

is it on purpose that the modules built with buildkernel do not honor the options in the kernel config?

If I put 'options VESA_DEBUG' in my kernel config the module vesa.ko won't have this option defined. This is becauses it #includes an empty opt_vesa.h from /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/<KERNCONF>/usr/src/sys/dev/video/i386/vesa (the module build directory) instead of the one in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/<KERNCONF> (the kernel build directory) which contains the VESA_DEBUG option.

Is there a way to achieve what I want (kldload vesa but keep debugging output)?

Regards,
Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx