Re: memory limits

From: Tomaž Borštnar <tomaz.borstnar@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 07:58:18 +0200

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:

Do we have PAE?
PAE would be nice :) I have 5 gig ram Opteron machine to play/work with :)

If not, can a 32 bit processor even use 2+4GB? I recall that some year(s) ago, people were adviced not to use more than 4GB totall memory on FreeBSD. Could be wrong, though.
BTX problems probably. If you can go further, kernel will just ignore things over 4gigs.

Tomaž