Re: vinum?

From: EJHaug <ejh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 07:15:06 -0500

Hi,
> David Rhodus wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 15:17:24 +0300, Yury Tarasievich <grog@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > With all the news in VFS and akin, will the vinum still work??
> >

> Nothing has changed to cause any affect on the functionality of vinum,
> everything should still work as before the VFS work started.

I have several HP ML110's with vinum mirrors and raid5's under
test.
I have not noted any problems.
The systems are Promise controllers of varying speeds and Maxtor
disks
of varying ages. I also have a 3Ware raid on one of the systems.
The ML110's use Intel 6300 chipset, DFly was modified to
understand
the new PCI ID's.

Cheers,

eric