Re: [Re: failure notice spam]

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:10:29 +0200

On 15.09.2004, at 07:37, Matthew Dillon wrote:
Bleh. Ok, I've taken care of this. bestserv will now ignore any
email From: mailer-daemon@ (aka spammers who use our list addresses
as their From:). I'll add others if they come up.

I think I have a solution to catch the mime-encoded spam, but allow
list users to still post mime-encoded files. I haven't implemented it
yet but I think the solution is to simply require that people who post
mime-encoded stuff include a special header with a password. The
password won't be secret or anything, we would publish it on our site,
but spambots aren't going to bother generating it so we would be
protected :-).

I'm not sure whether this is a good idea. I for my part can't add headers in Apple Mail (at least I don't know how)

If you decide to block for attachments, please do only so for multipart/alternative with included text/html or such. At least allow multipart/signed (pgp) and text/plain and/or text/patch (or how it is called). You know what I'm getting at.

cheers
  simon

--
/"\