Re: DragonFly_Stable tag

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:46:02 -0700 (PDT)

:Can someone explain in short form, what's the difference at this point
:between cvsupping with "tag=." and "tag=DragonFly_Stable"?  I saw it
:mentioned on IRC, and I'd like to document it, but I don't have much to
:give in explanation, and I know it's not like -STABLE for FreeBSD.

    I am hoping to make DragonFly_Stable (maybe I should name it something
    else) just be a float tag indicating a 'reasonably stable point'
    i.e. where the buildworld / buildrelease / buildkernel sequence is likely
    to work and not produce something that is unusable or too buggy.

    DragonFly is *not* branching the tree any time soon but I still want
    to be able to provide something useful to those people who are beginning
    to use it in a production environment.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>