Re: building a new kernel

From: justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:22:22 -0400 (EDT)

> But it is the first time I download the source using cvsup.  And, all
> the files, being in /home/dcvs/, are ending with ",v"
> Why?
> If I copy all the source files in /usr/src/, I cannot build a new
> kernel...
> What have I to do after downloading the source via cvsup?

The cvsup config you used downloaded the CVS history, from which you check
out a local copy of the source.  This is needed if you want to get old
versions of files and so on.

You probably don't want to do that.  Use
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/DragonFly-src-supfile instead.  That'll give you
the final, current versions of the files.  See also:

http://www.forknibbler.com/articles/new-bsdusers/article.html

and

http://www.forknibbler.com/handbook/updating.html