Re: Suggested reading for learning C?

From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 02:28:39 +0200

Joshua Coombs wrote:

So, I'm starting to actually put some code out instead of just waiting for someone to impliment my ideas. Problem is I'm modifying what to me is pretty high level C while only just able to read it let alone know what I'm actually doing. Does anyone have a suggestion or three for reading material to help get myself up to speed?

this is a little off-topic because you seemed to ask for a C introduction/tutorial.

But if you're looking for a detailed C _reference_ I'd recommend 'C - A Reference Manual' by Harbison & Steele (Fifth Edition, 2002). It also describes C99.