Re: vfs megapatch 09 (not for the faint of heart)

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 05:15:21 -0700

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    (This is really the second one, but I decided to synchronize the name
    with my internal patch file names to avoid confusion).

So far, so good. I've run cvsup on the ports collection and portupgrade is rebuilding kdebase with no problems.

I mounted an msdos partition, listed the directory, and unmounted it --
that's about all I was willing to risk on an untested fs for now.

One odd thing:  I just cvsup'd the DFly sources again, which checked
out a whole bunch of vfs-related kernel source files.  I assumed that
cvsup just reverted the patch I applied a while ago -- so I went to
reapply the patch and got errors saying the patch was already applied.

The only way I can explain that is if you just committed the patch
to HEAD sometime between 0400-0430 this morning -- is this right?