Re: uplcom(4) problem

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 17:06:54 -0700 (PDT)

:OK the diff (about 9k) is at
:  http://rsidd.online.fr/usbserial.diff
:and the relevant files from linux 2.6.7 (around 18K zipped) are at
:  http://rsidd.online.fr/usbserial_linux2.6.7.tar.bz2
:I think these are the only relevant files: other files in the usb
:serial directory seem to be for other devices.

    Hey Rahul, I got the PL2303 based usb->serial adapters but unfortunately
    they appear to work perfectly.  I connected up a modem via /dev/ucom0
    and dialed an ISP using ppp and it works.

    I looked at the linux diffs and the only thing that might effect you
    is some code they have to set CRTSCTS mode.  In our driver we use
    index 0x41 (/usr/src/sys/dev/usbmisc/uplcom/uplcom.c), see
    UPLCOM_SET_CRTSCTS which in our driver is 0x41.  In the linux driver
    this value seems be conditionalized to be either 0x41 or 0x61.

    You could try changing the 0x41 to a 0x61 to see if it helps you, but
    if it does we have tofigure out how the linux detect code works so we
    can add similar code.

    I'm going to spend a bit of time trying to track down the pppd cpu loop
    problem while I have this thing set up.