Re: New debug kernel installation mechanism committed to HEAD

From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 10:01:25 +0200

Matthew Dillon wrote:

    If someone were to verify that add-symbol-file or some similar gdb
    command is effective here, and writes the gdb script to scan the module
    list and issue the appropraite commands, I would be happy to commit it
    into /usr/src/test/debug/gdb.kernel.  If gdb has some sort of global
    init file that it uses in addition to .gdbinit we could even build the
    whole mess into the standard install so it 'just works'.

I've never got add-symbol-file to work in a remote debugging session, though.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx