Re: CLOG support in syslogd

From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 01:31:02 +0200 CEST

Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>     Sigh.  OK, if you guys *REALLY* want CLOG in
>     syslogd I guess it's ok, but I don't think it's going
>     to help as much as you think it will.

While I don't have years and years of Unix experience,
alternating between a set of sizelimited logfiles does
seem like a better fit with the overall Unix way of things.

Shouldn't those daemons writing directly to syslog
be considered flawed and be changed to use the
proper C functions?

BTW, I'm waiting for my very own Soekris, :)
which too will run off compact flash.

/Jonas Sundström.              www.kirilla.com