Re: serial ATA status?

From: David Rhodus <sdrhodus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 14:54:16 +0000

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 15:11:38 +0200, Yury Tarasievich <grog@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> What's the current status of serial ATA support?
>
> Freebsd 4-STABLE seems to have it close to nil, and I don't feel like
> needing freebsd 5.3.
>
> ,Yury

We have some SATA support in our system.  You might try booting a
live-cd and see if your hardware is detected properly.  If not you
might try emailing us an output of pciconf -lv and we might be able to
add in support for you hardware.  I've been using SATA support in
DragonFly for several months on the few systems which I have that
actually support SATA.

--
                                            -David
                                            Steven David Rhodus