Re: mount_msdos incorrect/wrong/not working?

From: David Ross <drossNOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 13:21:05 -0500

TIV wrote:
Hi Y'all;

Although it not clear to me what your present configuration is, it appears that you are try to mount the 'pen drive' as a SCSI device (da0), and that could be your problem.

from the manual:

*Table 3-1. Disk Device Codes*

Code     Meaning
ad     ATAPI (IDE) disk
da     SCSI direct access disk
fd     Floppy disk

You may want to check out the manual at http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~justin/handbook/disk-organization.html
for additional information, and you will probably get better reponses if you post your questions to users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx instead of the kernel forum;-).

Best regards,

omg, it was pebkac. PEEEBBBBBBKKACCC!!!!!

I wasn't mounting it correctly. sorry for bother.

mount_msdos /dev/da1s1c /mnt/usb1

I kept trying to mount /dev/da1 or something, I dno't know.
I get in the mood where I keep typing wrong text :/ aka go stupid :P

Thanks anyway,