Re: VFS bug

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 13:42:19 -0800

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004, Michal Belczyk wrote:

> I was asking because `rmdir .` fails on FreeBSD:

That is the behavior I expect intuitively (which doesn't
mean much, I admit.)

Given your scenario:

# mkdir aa
# cd aa

there is a difference in the results between these next two:

# rmdir .*
# rm -r .*

The first removes aa, the second refuses to remove it.
I don't know if they should behave differently or not.
Does it matter?