Re: /boot/loader question

From: Yury Tarasievich <grog@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 14:35:54 +0200

walt wrote:
Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:

i had a look at loader, and it seemed to me that there is logic for extended slices...

There must be -- when I do lsdev from the loader prompt I see an ext2
partition on extended slice 7, but not the one right next to it on 6,
and not the DFly slice on 8, which is strange.

"Logical drives" (to distinguish from extended partition which contains them) usually have their "0 sector" filled with nulls (excepting the partition pseudo-table). Is "0 sector" where the magic is expected to reside?