Re: Description of the Journaling topology

From: "Martin P. Hellwig" <mhellwig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 16:45:29 +0100

Matthew Dillon wrote:
<cut see op>
That's the concept in a nutshell. In addition to all of that the data
being journaled will have a number of options... e.g. the journaling
data stream could be a simple non-reversable stream (a 'replay' stream),
or a fully reversable stream (the ability to 'move' the regenerated filesystem forwards or backwards in time simply by playing the journaling
stream forwards or backwards), etc etc. It is going to be a *VERY*
powerful mechanism that no other BSD (or even Linux) will have.
<cut>

Barely understanding the implication of this concept it strikes me mostly logical, clean and relative simple.
Which makes me curious why other project haven't done this already?
What is the major reason that other project follow a different path then this one?

--
mph