Re: core dumps on leaf

From: Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:41:41 +0000

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 10:52:32PM -0800, Jeffrey Hsu wrote:
: We'll probably have to do a RCU-like scheme where the ifnet structure
: is detached, a token (IBM ring token) is sent around to all the
: processing threads, and when it returns to the sender, then the ifnet
: structure is deallocated.  I was planning to do this eventually, but
: haven't gotten there yet.

Why does this problem not appear under FreeBSD?  Is it because of the
multi-threaded kernel?

Jonathon
--
The beaten path is for the beaten man.