Re: Intel motherboards

From: Chuck Tuffli <chuck_tuffli@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:36:41 -0800

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
. ..
I'm not 100% sure about the SATA part. Chuck, can you test wether all
four ports work as expected?

Joerg

The first port seems to work just fine (boots, does builds, etc). I moved the SATA cable to the other 3 ports and tried to boot off of each. All the additional ports got up to mounting the file systems and then failed. Tomorrow I can add a separate drive to these and check them out further. Does the RAID code support this chipset? If so, would it be worth setting up RAID 0 (or something) also?

--
Chuck Tuffli
Agilent Technologies