Re: phk malloc, was (Re: ptmalloc2)

From: Christopher Weimann <cweimann@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:01:14 -0500

On 02/23/2005-01:05AM, Dan Melomedman wrote:

> Bill Hacker wrote:
> > I still thing fixing the application is preferable.
>
> What's there to fix if it's not the application's fault?

If Messagewall accepts a message over SMTP and tells the sending server
"200" it is saying it has the message and will deliver it when it in
fact may not. Thats just plain busted.

Even if you were to have the memory gauranties you are looking for
losing power to the machine will loss email. If this is how Messagewall
works it is just plain busted.