Re: Journaling layer update - any really good programmer want to start working on the userland journal scanning utility ? You need to have a LOT of time available!

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 13:38:42 -0800 (PST)

:Since journals aren't persistant across reboots, this would be of
:limited use now. So, what are you going to do about that? Having some
:kind of /etc/rc.d/journal script that will mountctl the partitions,
:perhaps reading the data from e.g. /etc/mountctl.conf, or are you going
:to store the journal info in the filesystem, perhaps in the superblock?

    I think we'd want something like an /etc/mountctl.conf, yes.  I'd integrate
    it into /etc/fstab if I could, but /etc/fstab is already too full of junk.