Re: The use of the term PCI-X on this list

From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 02:23:22 +0000

Jonathan Fosburgh wrote:
In an ongoing (non-dying) thread on this list I keep seeing the term PCI-X being used. I am curious as to which PCI-X people are referring to, since I am aware of two different things that use the term. One of them is (if I understand correctly) an extension to the PCI bus that has been around for a few years and which seems mainly geared towards the server market. The other is PCI Express, apparently sometimes referred to as PCI-X as well. So, for most people on this list, which is it? Sometimes I think it is the former, and sometimes it is the latter.

PCI-X is different from PCI Express; the latter is also refered to as PCI-e.

-Hiten