Re: gnomesystemmonitor port-override no longer needed?

From: Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:35:01 -0600

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 04:39:04 +0800, Bill Hacker wrote:

> walt wrote:
>
>> After the recent gnome update I found that the gnomesystemmonitor
>> package compiled and worked with no dfport override -- in fact it
>> wouldn't compile until I deleted the override directory.
>>
>> Can anyone confirm?
>>
>> BTW, I found that using the gnome_upgrade.sh script per the advice in
>> ports/UPDATING caused me far more grief that it saved me.  It deleted
>> almost every package on my machine and died in the middle of everything
>> due to build failures. It was just like using pkgsrc on NetBSD ;o)
>>

> Upgrade script is supposedly no longer needed after GNOME 2.8 to 2.9
> upgrade.

But, you still have to rebuild everything that depend on atk. atk's shared
library version was bumped a little before or in the middle of GNOME 2.10
tarballs release.

> It was always faster to take
> their list of 'order of install' and do it manually.
>
> OR strip it out and install from scratch...

This is what current gnome_upgrade.sh would do is collect the list of what
ports depend on glib20 and remove all ports that depend on glib20, then
build/install them back. If your build stopped in the middle of it, then
use the -restart option that will pick up where it stopped that way it
will still know what list of ports you used to have before.

Cheers,
Mezz