Re: UIO_NOCOPY in smbfs

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 11:08:28 -0800 (PST)

:
:I see,
:Still EOPNOTSUPP isnt even mentioned as an error associated with
:sendfile in the man page.
:Wouldnt it be good if sendfile would work on file systems not
:supporting this operation by doing reading and writing the regular way
:(if EOPNOTSUPP is returned), bypassing the "zero copying" feature.
:That wouldnt be too hard to implement and not result in unexpected
:behaviour when using programs like apache and ncftpd on certain file
:systems.
:
:-Jonas

    Yes, I agree, and I don't think it would be too hard to do, either
    (but it might be a bit difficult if you've never done kernel work before).

    Would you like to take a shot at it?