Re: Do we need to export OSVERSION?

From: Max Okumoto <okumoto@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:05:48 -0700

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 11:36:38AM -0700, Max Okumoto wrote:

I think #4 is the easiest and would not break things, but I am not sure it would not break things. Why did we use .makeenv
for OSVERSION?

To prevent /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.*.mk from overriding it. You can
make it a normal assignment if you verify that it doesn't get overriden.
I think it can be a normal assignment.

Joerg

The verify operation is the hard part :-) I was hoping someone knew the answer. The ports structure is a twisty maze of backwards and forewards compat hacks.

Max