Re: HEADS UP! Upcoming work in HEAD and other events!

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 07:47:06 -0700 (PDT)

:        Hey I'd love to help with the installer , I've done a
:installer/provisioning/mass-deployment type of tools in a hosting
:environment , and I've made all the really good mistakes already,
:so that will save some time. I am also off from work all week,
:I'll see if I can bang out something that meets the binary upgrade specs.

     The installer project has its own mailing lists and source

     Most of the developers (e.g. like Erik Nygaard, Chris Pressey,
     Justin Sherrill, and Scott Ullrich) are also on these lists.

     I don't know the status of pending work on the installer, but I
     don't think anyone has added an 'upgrade' option to it yet.  They
     would welcome work in that regard.

     The installer project is primarily used by the DragonFly project
     but has a goal of being ported to multiple BSDs.  They've
     integrated both DragonFly and FreeBSD.