How difficult would it be to port the ral driver from FreeBSD?

From: Kyle Butt <kylebutt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 00:01:07 -0600

In googling I saw someone mentioned that the
difficulty lie in the fact that the 802.11 stack had
changed from FreeBSD 4 to FreeBSD current,
and I know that the networking stack has been
under a lot of work recently, especially as work
has been done to make it MP-clean. How different
are the interfaces, and How much would transfer
over. I've never worked on device drivers before,
but I'm a fair C programmer, and I have some time
on my hands. I'm willing to do most of the work if
someone is willing to point me in the right direction
and answer some questions.

Thanks,

Kyle.