URLs in commit messages

From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 05:16:02 +0200

I'm currently hacking CVSROOT/cfg.pm to include URLs for added and deleted files as well in our commit messages. Here's a first test:

I have a couple of questions/thoughts:

* Do we really want this? :) I do because it's annoying to not being able to click on new files in order to see what's in them, but for larger numbers of new/removed files, this would add a bit of data to the messages.

* If you take a look at http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/commits/2003-12/msg00079.html you'll notice that the message body contains no indication that data/main/team.cgi is located in the site/ subdirectory (as opposed to src/). So in order to make this really work we'd have to add that information to the messages.

* Another option would be to list added and deleted files in the revision summary somehow (then they could be handled by the existing code I think).

Input welcome,