Re: mtd_cpl question

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 19:11:24 -0700 (PDT)

    Urk.  Misspoke again!   Sigh.

    Ok.  CPLs ARE going away, just like SPLs.  What isn't going away is
    gd_fpending, fd_ipending, and gd_idelayed.   See the
    /usr/src/sys/i386/include/globaldata.h file for details.

    Those are where we store the bits for interrupts that have occured
    which we cannot immediately dispatch due to being in a critical section
    or due to being masked by the CPL.  The CPL masking part we don't have
    to deal with, but we still need all the bits to handle interrupts that
    cannot be immediately dispatched.