Re: Interested in Xen?

From: Christian Brueffer <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 17:11:23 +0200

On Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 03:41:19PM +0200, Sascha Retzki wrote:
> I am currently playing arround with Xen a lot, and it looks very sane and
> promising. I'd like to know if the DragonFlyBSD folks want to work on that
> (the kernel must be changed a bit to actually work under xen), or if there
> is already work done.
> Sidenote: FreeBSD "silently" (read: they did not post something on /. iirc)
> implemented Xen support into 5.*/current, so I think it is not that much
> to do. As I am generally unaware of (unix)-kernel design :( , I have no
> idea how much work DragonFlyBSD would have to do.

This is wrong, there is currently no Xen support in any FreeBSD branch.

Kip Macy has developed Xen support for FreeBSD on his own some time ago
and has gotten a FreeBSD commit bit recently (for importing Xen support
into FreeBSD mainly, yay!).

- Christian

Christian Brueffer	chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx	brueffer@xxxxxxxxxxx
GPG Key:	 http://people.freebsd.org/~brueffer/brueffer.key.asc
GPG Fingerprint: A5C8 2099 19FF AACA F41B  B29B 6C76 178C A0ED 982D